Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Fudge Brownie M&M Review - The Double Chocolate M&M

Fudge Brownie M&M’s are the latest addition to an ever-growing of list of variations to the coated childhood chocolate candy being tossed out on shelves. A more apt name for this version would simply be “the double chocolate M&M”, but I understand having an M&M with a “I’m just here for the paycheck” face holding fudge brownies on the packaging was a marketing opportunity that is too tempting to pass up.

 
Is it better than the original?

This is not too hard to me to answer as I have not liked regular M&Ms since I was about nine. Yes, the fudge brownie ones are definitely better. Are they good? Probably not. But definitely better. Which, I guess has to be the floor for any M&M variation.

Are they good?

As I eluded to in the last paragraph, no these are not great. That said, if you like M&Ms these are just double chocolate M&Ms so I assume that is good. There is no actual brownie, which as a gluten free person is a win, but I imagine they would have been better with a brownie in them.

Should M&M chill with the variations?

This is the main “strong” take I have in this post. Absolutely. M&Ms have been making a strong push for the Mountain Dew of snacks/candy for years now. In 2005 everybody was walking around with an original Mountain Dew and M&Ms. Now both have so many variations on their own product I cannot even keep track of how many there are, and I make jokes about people who consume either.

Is this the best M&M variations?

For me, the caramel M&Ms still take the crown for best variation of the candy. Now I know what you are thinking, “the caramel M&Ms were not even good”. You are correct. They were not good. Neither is any variation on M&Ms and if we are being honest, M&Ms overall just are not very good candy. In that context, I’ll give these M&Ms a solid C+ grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment